Hey everyone! Big year. We've had a few speed bumps this month but are now zooming into the new year. I'm aiming to have the major gameplay release ready in January. However, there are a bunch of improvements that I want to get into your hands before Christmas, including a new Minotaur Charm animation, a handful of bug fixes, and more performance improvements. Complete change list below.
The next General Access will be for Monster Charmer 0.13.0 (this build) and will go out in January alongside 0.14.0.
Monster Charmer 0.13.0 build notes
New & Changed
- A new Minotaur Charm animation was added; the existing Minotaur animation is now used as the Minotaur Defeat.
- More performance improvements.
- NPC faces are now more alive; they will blink and look.
- All male sounds are hooked to the "Male Sounds" volume control. Players can now adventure without hearing the grunts and gargles of goblins if they desire.
- Fixed some graphical glitches with nails.
- Fixed eye rendering in some charm animations.
- Fixed various charm VFX issues, most notably the Minotaur's.
- Fixed a crash when rapidly queuing several cards and ending the turn.
- Character progression & RPG systems are still under heavy development - cards, abilities, and especially balance are not final!
- Not all hairstyles have physics rigs, and most hair physics rigs are first-pass.
- There is no swimming and no invisible walls. You may fall into infinity if you run far enough into the deep.
- Hair materials look off in specific lighting scenarios.
- Save game functionality is currently broken and disabled! To be implemented in the major gameplay release.
- The Batkini and Plate Armour do not have full shape and genitals yet, this will also be fixed in a future release.