Hi everyone! We've got a new build ready to go, featuring one of our new Monster types - the Succubus - alongside sneak peeks of upcoming gameplay features - our itemisation and deck-building, Monster capturing and summoning.
Please check it out and let me know what you think. Download and build notes below.
Monster Charmer 0.11.0 build notes
New & Changed
- Added Succubus Monster type.
- Implemented equippable items.
- Added Monster capturing mechanic.
- Added Summoning room to the Guild Hall.
- Added Monster summoning mechanic.
- Captured Monsters can be summoned at the Guild Hall.
- Monster summoning gives access to charm interactions and battles with captured Monsters.
- There's a lot more Monster capturing and summoning-related gameplay to come :)
- Your card deck is now composed of cards linked to your equipment loadout. We will be fleshing out itemisation and progression here over subsequent releases.
- New items:
- Broadsword (main hand) - starter item
- Infernal Sword (main hand) - unlocked on the Mysterious Island
- Sturdy Shield (off hand) - starter item
- Ornate Shield (off hand) - unlocked on the Mysterious Island
- Underwear (armour) - starter item
- Plate Armour (armour) - unlocked on the Mysterious Island
- Batkini (armour) - unlocked by beating Yasmin at Dice
- New cards:
- Demonic Power
- Cloak of Night
- Starlit Aegis
- Added "Male Sounds" volume control - use this to tone down or disable male vocalisations during charms.
- Many bug fixes and some rendering performance improvements.
- Character progression & RPG systems are still under heavy development - cards, abilities, and especially balance are not final!
- Not all hairstyles have physics rigs, and most hair physics rigs are first-pass.
- There is no swimming and no invisible walls. You may fall into infinity if you run far enough into the deep.
- Hair materials look off in specific lighting scenarios.
- Save game functionality is currently broken and disabled! To be implemented in the next release.
- There are some performance issues when portals and the Succubus Charm animation in particular. This will be fixed in a future release.
- The Batkini and Plate Armour do not have full shape and genitals yet, this will also be fixed in a future release.